Sunday September 12, 2010 Bonn Germany.
Bonn International Open Judo tournament 2010.
Fighting in his first European competition at 66kg Liam was not 100% prepared and so did not have time to make the 60kg weight division.
He faced off against bigger and heavier players and some very strong players from Germany Romania Belgium and the Netherlands. He won all his fights by ippon score(instant win) to win his first Gold medal in European competition.
Male 66 kg (16 TN):Bonn International Open
1. Toshiyuki Yokoyama, Australia
2. Andreas Altergott, SU Witten-Annen
3. Maxime Junghänel, SSF Bonn
3. Michael Ovsjannikov, Rheinland-(Romania)
5. Daniel Wegner, 1. Godesberger JC
5. Sergej Pasternack, Rheinland
7. Christopher Sieger, Rheinland
7. Timo Wahlbring, JC 66 Bottrop